Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The big 3-0


I have made it through the first month of back to school and am still losing weight! Hoorah!! If I can get through this transition without depending on food and going back to my unhealthy habits, I think I can get through anything. I have lost another 6 pounds since my last post (check ticker at bottom of page for total weight loss).
It is hard for me to believe that in 3 days I will be 30 years old. I have all kinds of thoughts and feelings about turning 30--most of them good. My one regret is that I did not lose the weight sooner. It has taken me 30 years to finally get myself on the right track. To finally feel like I have enough inner-strength to get by without using food as my support. To realize that I am really worth the extra time, money, energy, etc., that goes into taking care of one's body and spirit. Here's to a much healthier next 30 years!


No comments: