Thursday, June 12, 2008

Great Lakes Weight and Wellness

A lot of people have been asking what I am doing to lose weight. Let me say that for many years I have tried countless other diets/weight loss programs to no avail. In April I started Optifast through Great Lakes Weight and Wellness. You can check out there website here:


http://www.greatlakesweightandwellness.com/

Dr. Bell, Melissa-our support group leader and the rest of the staff is phenomenal and I am so grateful for the support I receive there. This is a medically supervised weightloss program that involves 12 weeks of an extremely restrictive calorie diet followed by a transition to learning gradually how to have a healthy relationship with food again. I am involved in a weekly support group which is fabulous and focuses on education and behavioral change. I am also increasing my fitness substantially and have learned lots about the benefits of exercise and hope to improve my fitness routine even more. I am so pleased with this program and would recommend to anyone who has a substantial amount of weight to lose to check into it. The next step for me, had I not found this program, may have been weightloss surgery. For some this is definitely an option, but for now I am glad I didn't have to go down that road.

No comments: