Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Letting Go...


A friend of mine shared with me today, that she hasn't heard me sound as healthy/happy as I am right now for a long time. That is because since I have been losing weight I have been letting go of way more than just fat...Here is a list of some other healthy things I have been losing:


-My approval addiction--I don't feel the need to be a people pleaser anymore.

-My perfectionism--I don't need to compensate for being fat by being "perfect" in all other areas anymore.

-My anger--I feel so much more peaceful. So calm and balanced.

-My secrets--I don't feel ashamed or embarassed of how much I weigh or how big I am. I also don't feel the need to hide from anyone what I am eating.


And here is what I am gaining:

-A renewed sense of purpose and spirituality

-A healthful outlook on life

-A renewed love for myself


Never thought losing could feel so good!!

No comments: