Thursday, August 28, 2008

Change, Change, Change


Every fall for me is like a whole new adjustment process. I have the summers off, so I kind of forget that by late August life will again become crazy. September (back to school) is always a really good, exciting time for me, but it is full of changes. I go back to work, kids go to daycare/preschool, we start fall activities, etc., etc., etc. Even though these are all positive changes it is still somewhat of a disruption in our regular routine. In the past I have not been very healthy physically during these times. I "can't" find time to work in fitness, get behind on planning meals and grocery shopping, forget to bring something for lunch--in fact I usually use unhealthy food as a way to cope with the change. So this year, I am feeling a little unsteady without my usual crutch (food). I am trying to stay organized and ahead of the game, but I feel very insecure right now about getting into a new, healthy fall routine. One that meets my continued need for weight loss support ...I will do my best to carry this summer with me into the fall and continue all of the important healthy lifestyle changes we have made.

No comments: