Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fat Girl--Irene O'Garden


Yesterday I read an entire book in one day called "Fat Girl". I have been really into reading weightloss memoirs lately for obvious reasons. This one moved me so much. I found myself in tears after reading it, b/c I could identify so strongly with the author and her journey with obesity from childhood to young adulthood. It was so poignant. In one section of the book she confronts and says goodbye to her "inner bitch". The voice of the critic that is constantly telling her how she will fail again, she is a loser, she's a pig, etc. I said goodbye to my inner bitch along with her and welcomed the newer, gentler voice of my "inner wise woman". She's always been within me, I just haven't listened to her as much. She is much more loving and forgiving! What a spiritual journey this has turned out to be for me. Deep stuff...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

irene's website:
www.ireneogarden.com

irene's myspace:
www.myspace.com/ireneogarden

KT said...

Thanks for posting this!
KEB