Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Up 1

I gained a pound this week. Oh well...first time I have gained while I have been on this program. And I know it isn't related to what I am eating, since I have been staying right on track....so, better luck next week.

One thing I have been learning throughout this journey is that it is okay to to need and ask for help. We are all on this planet to help each other through our journeys in my opinion. So thank goodness that I don't always have to be a "helper"--it is a good time for me to learn to be a "helpee". Because no matter how hard I try, I don't have all the answers or know everything there is to know about weight loss. An open mind and an open heart are the best tools I have found that help me along my way!

I learned a lot last night at the grocery store. Our support group took a field trip to Kroger to get some help with shopping for healthy, nutritious foods and to improve our label reading skills. I learned some very intersting, helpful new things!! Who knew that fat free cheese had carbs? Anyhow, just one example of opening my mind and being willing to change the way that I do some things.

Best wishes for a good week :)

No comments: