Monday, August 18, 2008

Nostalgia...65 pounds later...


Tonight I completed my 18 weeks at GLWW. Now, granted, I may continue to attend support groups there periodically, as I definitely feel I still need that just as much as an alcoholic needs AA, but nonetheless, it is the end of the transition phase and I am feeling nostalgic. Even a little melancholy to be honest...So much has changed in 4 and a half months. I am the same person, but changed for good (thus the playlist update). Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me, and that's okay. For my final weigh-in tonight, I lost 2 pounds. That means I have lost 14 pounds in the past 3 weeks. It is gratifying to see that my weightloss has actually accelerated as I have returned to eating "real" food and making my own choices about what I put into my body. And to know that this is just the beginning of an entire new way of being for me is wonderful. Definitely not an ending. Just the beginning....


April 17, 2008: 275 lbs.

August 18, 2008: 210 lbs.

Possibilities for continued personal growth and mindful, healthful living: UNLIMITED

No comments: