Monday, November 17, 2008

BLT's

I remember some wisdom I learned at Weight Watchers years ago that I really need topay attention to right now. I remember when one of the group leaders talked about "BLT's" one day. I of course assumed she would give us some diet recipe for bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. But actually, she was referring to "Bites, Licks, Tastes". This has been dangerous territory for me lately. Up until recently I have had such discipline, but for the past week or so I have found myself sampling a bite of this, a taste of that, etc. The dangerous part about this is that bites, licks and tastes lead to gulps, gorges and binges--I know from the past. So while I haven't gotten to that point yet, I need to keep this behavior in check or I know too well what can happen. It is very similar, I would imagine, to an alcoholic taking a sip of a drink--which leads to another and another until the whole bottle is gone....Hopefully I can nip this in the bud!! Hope everyone is having a good week :)

No comments: