Friday, January 23, 2009

Sloooooow Dowwwwwnnnn

If you could hear me read the title of this post it would sound like I am speaking in slooooow moooootion. I have been thinking A LOT the last few days about my weight loss journey. And while yes, it has definitely been a real trip, I don't know that I can call it a "journey" yet. This has all happened so fast. My lifestyle has definitely changed, but the weight has come off so fast, I worry a lot about a rebound gain sometime in the future. And so, now that I am so close to my goal, I feel that I need to sloooow doooown a little bit and let my mind and body catch up. Rapid weight loss is awesome. The results are enough motivation to keep at it each week. And I would not change anything about my "journey" thus far, but I do feel that for this to be a permanent change I am going to need to re-evaluate how I get to the end. I have been pleased that I did not need surgery or pills to get this far--not that there is anything wrong with that--everyone has their own path. All changes in my body have been directly influenced by both change in diet and change in physical activity.

So I am at a point now where I am feeling that there is no rush. I like the way I look. I feel great. I can buy clothes at a regular store (size 14 now, btw!). I am determined to finish what I started, but need to move my thinking to 5 years from now...where will I be? What will I be eating then? What will I look like? Will I maintain my healthy lifestyle. I need to find balance and middle-ground for myself. I'll let you know how that goes :)

No comments: