Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wooosh!!!!

Woooshh!!! In the blink of an eye I have lost over 100 pounds...It has taken me my entire life (30+ years) to get to this point, and now that I am here (wherever that is) I feel as though I have not yet had time to fully take in and process my success. I've always been a little slow to process life events--stuffing my feelings away with food until I'm ready to deal with them--so I guess it should not surprise me that this is no different. Honestly, it still really weirds me out when people don't recognize me...I know that mathematically I have lost a lot of weight, but in my mind mind's eye I am still the same me. So I think I have a little catching up to do mentally. Am always a work in progress!!!

I am home sick with the flu today, so I have had more time than usual to think about this today...and, fortunately I have had time to catch up on a most fabulous read. A few posts ago I mentioned Shauna Reid's book "Diet Girl". I have read almost the entire book today. I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone wanting an inspiring and funny read. I found myself nodding my head in agreement every few pages when Reid shares her most honest feelings of what it is like to be big and to shed the pounds. Link to her blog is on my blogroll at the left side of the page.

No comments: