Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Throw it away!!!!

Working in education, at this time of year I am bestowed with lots of wonderful gifts and treats from my students' families. I am so grateful and appreciative for their acts of kindness--however--today I had to stop at the gas station trash can as a result. I have found that I simply cannot have candy/tempting food in my car or I will mindlessly nibble on it all day. And so while the miniature candy bars, buckeyes, etc. looked delicious, I had no choice but to stop at the closest gas station to throw away the candy as quickly as possible. I know--it sounds awful--and maybe I should have waited and just given it to someone else, but I know myself well enough now to understand that there was no way I could ride more than a half a mile without eating some. To me, having chocolate in the car is like an alcoholic having liquor in the closet....One more day of gift receiving to get through!

2 comments:

Chris said...

You could always deal with high school kids. You don't get anything from them. :) Enjoy your last two days of school. Hopefully we'll have a snow day on Friday.

KT said...

I don't work on Fridays, but I'll be hoping for you!!!
KT