Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ice Skating?!?!

Life has been full of fun surprises and adventures since I have been on my weightloss journey. Yesterday felt like a real milestone to me. My daughter has been taking ice skating lessons for a few months now, something I have never dared to do because of my size. Actually--I have tried it once or twice, and failed miserably because my ankles were too weak to hold me on a single blade. It used to be painful, uncomfortable and really no fun at all.

So yesterday I decided on a whim to take Chloe ice skating...I was pleasantly surprised to find that ice skating is now fun for me. It wasn't painful and awkward like it used to be. I didn't feel self-concious or miserable on the ice. It was such a good feeling to be able to do something special like this with my daughter. Hooray!!!

I also took another important step on my way to my weightloss goals. I went back to GLWW--the program that helped me start losing back in April. I have mixed feelings about being back. Really glad to have increased accountability, support, structure in my weightloss program, but also feeling afraid about whether I can do this again or not. While I feel ready, I don't quite have the burst of energy and enthusiasm that I had the first time I did the program. But the support group I attended last night was a great beginning. Just being with other people who are going through the same struggles as I am is so important. And we have a GREAT group of fun, intelligent and supportive people. I think the support group is honestly the key element for success.

So prayers, please, for a good week without too painful of a withdrawl process. And prayers/encouragement for success in having a more consistent fitness routine. I ran on Sunday and felt soooooooo good. The gym that I had my membership at just closed, and we received notification that our memberships would be transferred to our local YMCA. This is a blessing in disguise, as I feel it is an opportunity for my whole family to take advantage of the many fitness opportunities there--swimming, kids classes, etc. Off to bed now...Have a good day.

KT

No comments: